Monday, July 19, 2004

The desires of your heart...

Each one of us has desires. That's a beautiful gift that God has given to us. Along with it, we are also given a freewill, the factor that governs our desires.
 
Yet, many people are afraid of the word desires. It has bad and negative connotation... desires means bad and immoral desires. No doubt that most of us are not holy or perfect morally, but a man who can control his desires is more powerful than the whole battalion of soldiers.
I battle for control over my desires every day. It is a constant battle. Either I control my desires or it controls me.
 
Buddhism teaches us to try to get rid of our desires. I think that is a losing man's principle. It is the same as saying that if you cannot control something, you must get rid of it. What if I can't control my wife, can I get rid of it? What about my children, my parents, my siblings etc. Would it be better if we learn how to control our desires.
 
Now, my desire says that I want to stop writing. Will post later.
 
Send me your comments.
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which desire that urge you to stop writing???

Anonymous said...

do u need to control ur wife??? why must u???