Thursday, January 05, 2006

So far so good

Well, so far so good. My pastor came and talk with me just now. Just a short time of talking about the church events. Nothing much to talk anyway since there's not many activities planned yet.

What is important to me is that my pastor is trying to keep his promise. We will try to meet at least twice a month, just to keep each other updated. Sounds good. Almost like what we did during my first 3 years in ministry. Though most of the time we didn't meet due to other unforseen circumstances but at least there was open communication. I pray that this year it will be a change to the better.

Looks like I'll be taking care of the monthly missions trip to various churches and outreaches. May this be the opportunity for the members to be excited again about serving the Lord. May this be the opportunity for them to exercise their spiritual giftings. And may this be their motivation to draw closer to God.

My pastor also asked me about starting a preaching outreach in Tanjung Minyak, a place near my house. Not keen at all to do this. I'm not a pioneer or church planter. I'm a team player. Anyway, that's an opportunity available to me should I want to.

The church backdrop for this year is "Relational Evangelism in 2006". Finished putting it up just now. More relationships to build this year.

No comments: