Friday, June 19, 2009

Not an easy job - firing an employee

Today is the first time I've did it. Firing my one and only full time staff. As much as I don't want to do the firing, I know I had to do it. The reason for the firing - dishonesty & attempted to cheat.

Told her the reasons (and yet she still have the audacity to say that she has done nothing wrong)and gently advised her not to have the same wrongful attitude in her future jobs. She asked to be given one last chance but I guess the decision is firm. Why would she want to have another chance? So that she can change her attitude? Or so that she can plunder the money in my shop. Well, I do not want to take any risks. And the working relationship has already been strained because of her dishonesty. It would not be a happy working atmosphere if she stays on.

Sigh... Lord send me an honest diligent worker.

No comments: