Friday, March 16, 2012

Big Promotion

Thanks to Lemuel Craft
I work in a doctor’s office and was recently promoted to office manager. I’m nervous about how I will perform and have been driving myself crazy. I have never worked in a leadership role before, so I know I have a lot to learn. I was the assistant to the previous office manager and she trained me well, so I hope things will go smoothly. My first big assignment is to change our cable package for the waiting room. My boss and I went through all of the office’s financial documents when I took over this position and he can’t believe we are paying so much when the TV usually stays on the same channel for hours. People are generally happy if the TV is on a news channel, and they rarely ever change it. I searched cable tv for business and immediately found some cheaper packages that will be more well suited to our needs. I hope that my boss is happy with the decision and that he starts to trust me. I would hate to let him down after he gave me such a great opportunity.

No comments: