Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Cambodia Experience 7-5-2005 Saturday

Woke up at 4.30am as we have to leave by 5.00am. By 5.15am the car arrived. After saying goodbye to the host, we journeyed back to Phnom Penh. There are 8 of us in the car. This time I sat at the back seat. Niger and Sach sat at the front passenger seat. Most of us enjoyed the village experience that we do not want to go back to Phnom Penh. I guess we really feel comfortable ministering to the village people.

By 7.30am, we reached the hotel. The other team members were just about to leave the hotel to their respective centres for that day. We were given until 10.30am to wash up and rest before we were sent to our respective teams. Lunch at FKC and thereafter we went to COP for games. Really enjoyed playing with the children. I purposed in my heart not to be too serious but to enjoy the trip and have fun. And fun I had with the children.

It was during this time that I was informed that God healed a student from a growth in his hand. On the first night at Savaratna, the team prayed for the students during altar call. One of the student had a growth on his hand. He is supposed to see the doctor the next day. Earlier the doctor had advised him to go for an operation to remove the growth. However, when he went to see the doctor the next day, the doctor couldn’t find anything wrong with him. The growth has disappeared. All glory and praise to God for His healing power.

After the games, we went back to the hotel. I managed to go to the internet cafĂ© and sent email to Michelle and check my emails. It’s good to be able to communicate after so many days in Cambodia. Miss my wife and my two lovely daughters Annabelle and Clarissa.
Saturday night I went to Pastor Chai’s student center. We showed the movie “The Passion of The Christ”. I had brought my LCD projector from Melaka, not really sure whether we will be using it. Praise God that the LCD projector was brought for good use. This time I watched the full length of the movie which is about 2 hours. The first time I watched the movie at Bethel Church, it was only about 1 and a half hour. We then went back to the hotel and had our debriefing. By the time we went back to our rooms it was already past midnight.

No comments: