Monday, May 16, 2005

Cambodia Trip - 1st day - 4-5-2005 Wednesday

This is my story of my Cambodia Trip.

Day One - Wednesday 4-5-2005

What can I say about this trip (4-14 May 2005) except that it has been a wonderful trip. I’ll write as much about the trip as I do not want to forget about it later in the future.

Wednesday 4 -5-2005. Arriving at Phnom Penh International Airport is quite a torture. The flight’s descent at the airport caused painful pressure to my ears. This is what I don’t like about taking flight. Some flights… there are no pressure at all but sometimes the pressure is very painful to the ears. The airport reminded me of Sibu Airport and Medan Airport, not as big as KLIA. There’s no problem getting through the customs and we were greeted by Pastor Bala from FirstKids Kindergarten Cambodia. He is from Grace Assembly Klang and has been a missionary in Cambodia for about 6 years already. Still single.

Pastor Bala has arranged for two vans, Mercedes Benz vans to ferry us to the budget hotel “Beng Mealea Guest Hotel”. Throughout the trip, we used these two vans as our transport from the hotel to the various centres and places that we have to go. Such a luxurious transport compared to the local transport in Phnom Penh.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we checked in and I was assigned a room with Daniel Ee and Jason Foo. Thereafter, we went to FirstKids Combodia (FKC) for a briefing. We were informed of our first few days schedule. It is a very pack schedule. We will be teaching and ministering to various places, among them are Center of Hope (COP), Agape Centre, Vocational Training School (VTC), and two more student centres pastured by Pastor Chai and Pastor Pich.

After dinner, the group was divided into two groups to minister at the student centres. I went to Pastor Pich’s student centers call Savaratna Centre. The students shared testimonies and Michelle Ding preached the Word. We prayed for the students who came up for prayer. Then we went back to the hotel and had our debriefing. I was told that I’ll be leading a team to the village for the next 2 nights 3 days. The team consists of Niger Lim (leader), Wee Liem, Rachel Tong and Audrey.

That night I had a spiritual attack in the form of a dream. And this is what I saw. I was walking with another person (whom I can’t remember who) towards a flat plain which is about 1.5 meters higher from the place I was standing. Then I saw a white snake sliding past me to the right. There in front of me were dried branches gathered together. Then I saw a long black snake measuring 10 to 15 meters long. It was lying among the branches. I then wanted to kill the snake, looking for a stick to hit the snake. As I was climbing the higher plain to get to the snake, suddenly the snake arose and stood up. There on the high plain were a few buffalos and cows, which is about 50 meters away from me. Then the snake moved past me as though it is flying. I thought that the snake wants to bit me but it went directly to one of the cows. As it was flying towards the cow, it opened its mouth wide; the size of the mouth is big enough to swallow the whole cow. It attacked the cow and swallowed it without much difficulty.

At this time, I became fearful. This is not the normal snakes that I had seen. I know instantly that this snake is beyond my ability to kill. I walked down to the lower land and as I was walking away from that place, I saw the black snake came towards me wanting to attack me. As it came near me, I rebuke it in the name of Jesus. I know that this is the only way that I can protect myself, the power of the Name of Jesus. After I rebuked the snake, it stopped and couldn’t attack me. However, the snake transformed into an image of a man. I could see the man’s face. He was smiling at me. It was a sinister smile. The smile that wants to put fear in me. Though he can’t attack me, he is trying to tell me that I can’t win over him either. With that I woke up.


*****

No comments: