Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Keeping the Faith

2 Tim. 4:6–8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. [7] I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; [8] in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. 
How wonderful it will be to be able to say with sincerity what Paul said above. I wonder whether I'll be truly able to say it when the time comes. Will it come a time when I can truly look back at my life and remember all the trials that I faced and overcame. When problems seems to flood me and wants to drown me but I hang on to God and rise above it all. When sickness trouble me not just physically but mentally, emotionally and spiritually but I still hang on to God. When people criticized me in my ministry but I still persevere on. When the words uttered by inconsiderate people hurts like a sharp blade slicing my heart. When there is no words of encouragement being heard for the hard effort put in to serve. When God seems silent and distant at times. 
Would I allowed myself to be poured out as a drink offering? To be used by God to serve others, will I allow such things? Did I continue to fight on even when everything seems hopeless and so difficult? Will I continue to run the race when I feel tired and out of breath and the only thing that comes to mind is the thought of giving up.
Paul has said it and he has received the award, the crown of righteousness from the Lord. 
As for me, I'm still in the race. I must keep my focus on the finishing line. I may stop for a while to catch my breath but I'll still be moving forward towards the finishing line. God, help me.

No comments: