Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sedentary lifestyle

Some people wants to have a happy merry life. "Eat, drink and be merry", they say. "Let's enjoy while we can". How I wish life could be just that. No worries, no cares in the world. I did tried to do that but after a few hours reality starts to soak into my heart and mind. Then I snapped out of that "illusion". Trying to live as if nothing in the world could bother you is a dangerous deception. Be aware of it and snap out of it.

Another dangerous lifestyle is the sedentary lifestyle. Routine day in day out. Do this and do that every day. Eat, sleep, work a bit, eat, sleep. No exercise at all. Seems like that is my lifestyle now. After a while the signs of sedentary lifestyle manifest themselves. The stomach growing bigger, the body getting weaker, the muscles disappearing, flabby muscles around the hand and legs. In the worst case scenario, the body will deteriorate and you may even have to wear cervical collars to support your weakened neck muscles. No, I do hope that I would not end up like that. I want to be active and fit physically. Must do something about it now.

No comments: