Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Caning - it is effective

Proverbs 20:30, "Blows and wounds cleanse away evil and beatings purge the inmost being."

Barnabas has been loved without much disciplining done by his mother. And it shows in the way he shows his tantrums. He likes to throw away things when he shows his tantrums. And when scolded he will cry. I guess I too did not discipline him much unlike his two sisters.

Last Sunday, he did it again, showing tantrum by throwing down his toothbrush. I took the cane and cane him hard on the buttock, twice. I can't remember when was the last time I caned him that hard. It must have been a long time ago. Of course he cried because of the pain. Asked him to pick up his toothbrush, which he did. And then ordered him to go back to the bathroom to bath.

After a while, I went to the bathroom to check on the children. Amazingly, there he was together with the two sisters, bathing, no more crying. And he can even talk to me, telling me about... something lah... which I forget ade, with a smile on his face. I was really surprised that the caning brought him closer to me. And I has not yet seen him show his tantrums again for the past two days. Indeed the word of God is true, beating cleanse away the evil in my son's heart and purges the inmost being.

No comments: