Saturday, February 11, 2012

What can I do to save some cash around here?

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott My family has never been one to preach about saving money or being frugal. As I was growing up my mom was always at the mall shopping and spending all of my dad’s hard earned money on shoes and handbags and of course adorable clothes for me and my two brothers. This was all great and awesome all the way through college when they were still paying for absolutely everything I needed including a very nice car. The problem is that now that I am an adult I have no clue what I am doing with money. As far as I know all I do with it is take it to the nearest high end department store and spend it like crazy. I quickly had to learn what it meant to save money and be a bit conservative. My apartment complex neighbor told me about Ambit Energy and how I can get special rates and shop around to find good rates on my electricity. This is something my mother never would have known. Good thing too because she would have spent the savings on a new wallet.

No comments: