Monday, August 02, 2004

Wishing Well To a Colleague

A colleague of mine left the job last Saturday. There's no party, no farewell to send her off. There's no speech given. She has been working in the same office for 5 years. Lots of things and experiences that we went through the last 5 years. Some are good ones and some not so good but God has kept us there for 5 years.

Would things be the same? I guess yes! and no! Yes because I still have to go to office whether I like it or not. Yes because I still have to do my work. No, because her presence will no longer be there. No, because the office will be a quieter place than before. Yes, my colleague is the talker and me the listener. And etc etc.

I guess there is no need for a party because most people would want her to continue. I guess there is no need for a farewell because she will still be close to the people's heart. Why a farewell when she is always near your heart. Why party when you are sad that she's leaving? Why farewell speech when you've learned much from her advice and life testimony. I guess it would be nice to have party, farewell and speech but that was done weeks before personally.

To her, I give my deepest appreciation. A colleague is easy to find but to this colleague of mine, she is also a friend and a sister. Thank you Lee Tian, and may God bless you richly in your new work.


David Bong



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fi...nally, u wrote something...hehehe