Saturday, March 07, 2009

What's the salary rate now?

Planning to take a full time staff for my internet shop. As much as I want to avoid simply hiring a staff, I know I had to do so. Main reason is that wifey is going to give birth next month. And with my current working schedule, there is no way I would be able to accompany her when the baby decides to get out of his comfort zone. If I do have a full time staff, then I would have the flexibility to accompany my wifey to the hospital.

Furthermore, the total pay paid for the two part time staff is higher than the salary of a full time staff. With the current 2 part time staff, I still have to work longer hours and my working schedule has to be catered according to their permanent working schedule. Hopefully, by just employing only one full time staff, I can reduce cost and have a little extra money for my insufficient monthly income and extra time for my family.

Talking about minimizing cost especially during the economic downturn, I was surprised to know that I actually promised a higher market rate salary. I spoke to one of the sales promoter in the shopping centre and was informed of her pay. After I did a simple calculation of her salary, I realised that the pay rate is lower than I thought it should be. haizzzz....

My only hope is that the coming staff would be a person who is honest, trustworthy and reliable.

No comments: