Saturday, August 06, 2005

Searching

I feel empty inside.

Dryness of the spirit. It's biting me a bit by bit... not a big bite that will cause me to go crazy, but small nibbles that cause me to ask "why? what?".

Senseless.... going without direction. Yeah... there's direction indeed.... but is that the direction that I should be going? No motivation... no energy, no zeal to go where I'm going. This emptiness is slowing me down. Should I stop? Should I ..... do what?

Meaningless, meaningless.... all is meaningless. As the Teacher has said it, so these words resound in my mind. If that is so, why live? Why waste our energy to do things that would be meaningless? Surely there must be something to life. No, I should not adopt this mindless, unfruitful thinking.

As I'm created by Him, surely there's meaning to my life. Surely life is not meaningless when Wisdom who is Love created me. Why should Love created something without meaning.... at the least it should be something that Love himself will love.

Then this words came to mind, "If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit...". I must be united with Christ, that by being so, I will have encouragement, and comfort. I must have fellowship with the Spirit, in order that I might know Christ better.

Yes.... that's the answer to my search. By being united with Christ! Then there will be the encouragement to move on in life. Then life itself is full of purpose. When I'm down, there will be comfort from Him. Alas, the answer has been found ... CHRIST JESUS!.

Forgive me Father for forsaking your son. Just like the prodigal son, accept me like the Loving Father.

Is there someone who can walk along me through this journey?........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me! me!