Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Growing up believing a lie

On January 16, 2012, Historian Prof Emeritus Tan Sri Khoo Kay Kim said that there is no written proof of the existence of Puteri Hang Li Po and for that matter, the 5 legendary "Hang" warriors, Hang Tuah, Hang Jebat, Hang Kasturi, Hang Lekiu and Hang Lekir. 


WOW! And to think that I was told of the Hang's stories and being "educated" into believing the stories since I was young, this announcement by the qualified historian is almost "unbelievable". What would they claim next? I remember declaring myself as Hang Tuah when fighting with other kids when I was small. I am proud of being a Hang Tuah. But now, that pride vanishes into thin air. 


One thing for sure, the education system in Malaysia sucks badly. They have been spoonfeeding or brainwashing almost 3 generations of young children and youths into believing a LIE. The state government of Melaka even "approved" various cemeteries as purportedly belonging to the legendary warriors. There is even a state stadium named after Hang Jebat. The town main road is named Jalan Hang Tuah. Hahaha...what a fool we Malaysians have been made into. Even the State of Melaka also believes in such a lie. This is truly MALAYSIA BOLEH.


Now I wonder what other stories that I've been told and "educated" with when I was young that will be debunked in the future as lies. Oh ya, one very obvious one is the "Ketuanan Melayu truth" which the BN propaganda have been pushing very hard in order to win the votes of the Malays. 


Well, at least there is one thing that has stood the test of time which I can trust with my life, the Bible.

No comments: