Saturday, July 09, 2005

My Language of Love

First Language of Love

Words of Affirmation
You need to hear praise to know you are loved, and you may also prefer to express your affection verbally. Negative comments cut right to the bone. You want to hear that you're loved and how much and why.
I find that another’s criticism really, really hurts.
I tell those whom I love that I love them. That’s sufficient for me.
I feel like I need compliments, so sometimes I “fish” for them.
I feel like “a million bucks” when I get sincere praise.

Second Language of Love

Acts of Service
You prefer to show your love through favors and chores and doing things for others. You feel put-upon and unappreciated when your efforts are taken for granted.
I often feel special, significant, and useful when I help others.
I often feel upset when others don’t help me out, much less offer to do anything.
I show affection by doing things for other people.
I don’t usually ask for help, but when someone does something for me, I feel really cherished.

No comments: