Saturday, July 02, 2005

Speech at ISLT Malaysia 2005 Graduation


Friends,

I was approached by Lyn Mackay to share something on what I feel about ISLT training. Didn't have much time to prepare but this is what I would like to share.

I CAME HERE TO ISLT:

- I came here to ISLT with fear, not knowing what I will have to go through. Not knowing how the training will be like.

- I came here to ISLT with expectation, expecting to learn new things. Expecting new things that can help me in the ministry.

- I came here to ISLT with a heavy heart. I have to leave my wonderful wife and two beautiful daughters for 21 days. However, I praise God that I am able to go back within the 3 weeks but some of you have to endure the 21 days.

- I came here to ISLT with responsibility. Responsibility to learn and be accountable to my ministry, accountable to the church that sends me, and accountable to the sponsors who paid much for me to come here.

- I came here to ISLT with hope. Hope that God will enlarge my vision.

I FOUND HERE IN ISLT:

- I found here in ISLT friends. Friends from all over the world. Friends who are serving God in the sports ministry.

- I found here in ISLT courage. Courage that I can go on despite the many obstacles along the way. Many of you have given me courage from the achievements and failures that you have gone through.

- I found here in ISLT co-workers. People who are serving the same God, working together to serve the people of sports. We are all servants of God.

- I found here in ISLT teachers. Teachers who have not just say but they do what they say. Teachers who are humble that they asked to be called by their first name. This is not easy for some of us who have problems not being able to call the teachers by their title. Teachers who gave their hearts and life to God.

- I found here in ISLT Biblical principles. Principles that I can apply in my life and in sports.

- I found here in ISLT inspiration. Hearing the testimonies of some of you gave me inspirations to do better for God. Your stories and testimonies have inspired me.

- There are many other things that I can say here about the training…. But it would take the whole day to finish. I would like to close with these thoughts.

I AM GOING BACK FROM HERE:

- I am going back from here empowered. Empowered to do the sports ministry in a better way. Empowered not just in knowledge but also in practical aspect of doing ministry.

- I am going back from here with awareness. Awareness that I am not alone in doing God's work but there are many others like me around the world, working for God.

- I am going back from here better prepared. Better prepared to run the race that God has set before me.

- I am going back from here with motivation. Motivation to do my best in serving God.

- I am going back from here with readiness in my heart. Readiness to go and do whatever God wants me to do.

- I am going back from here with confident. Confident not that I can do the work by myself but confident that God wants to use me in the ministry.

- I am going back from here with a humble heart, knowing that it is only through Christ I must do the work. And it is Christ that can grant me success.

- I am going back from here grateful that others especially the teachers have given much to me here in this training.

Friends, we are all leaders, whether we like it or not, whether we are aware of it or not. God has put us here as leaders to serve Him. It is my vision, my hope that in 20 years down the line, I'll be able to see all of you still serving our Lord. In 20 years time, we must be ready to pass the baton to the next generation.

May God bless you all.

No comments: