Friday, December 12, 2008

What would you do?

If you are pregnant and the scan shows that the baby is having cleft lips? What would you do when you are told by the doctor that the baby might also be deaf and dumb and some other difficulties? What would you do?

My wife friend's colleague is now in her 21 weeks pregnancy, same as wifey. The friend's colleague is considering to abort the baby. WAITTTTTTT.... DON'TTTT DO THAT.

Would you ABORT the baby?

What would a Christian do? Let me rephrase that. What would I (as a believer in Jesus Christ)do about it? I guess that is what the Holy Spirit has been asking me since I heard the news. What would I do? Deep down I know what I must do. Adopt the baby. What? Am I crazy? Well, the last time I check I am not in any mental ward hospital...so I think I am still okay. But why adopt the baby?

Let it be known to all that our lives are given by God. That each and every lives are precious to God. And if it is precious in God's sight, it must be precious to us too. And being a believer in Jesus Christ necessitates me to show God's love to everyone (in varying degrees at varying times). And in this circumstances, to show to the baby that God loves him even though the parents may not want him alive.

Now, I am not condemning the parents. They may in their ignorance and in their own religious beliefs think that they are doing what is best for the baby. I would not want to dwell or argue on that. What they can do is to let me adopt the baby instead should abortion is their decision.

No comments: