Wednesday, February 14, 2007

15 years ago....920212

Long long time ago.... not so long also lah... only 15 years ago... the story begins.

We were young then... very much younger... like in our teenage years.
She was the girl of many boys heart. Let me call her as M. I known her as she stays in the same village/kampung, and also because she is my younger brother's classmate, and also she looks pretty/tomboyish a bit. To her, I does not even exist. No, I didn't fall in love with her when I first met her, but I just admire her just like any other pretty girls I saw. Life is not about falling in love for me back then. Life is more of completing my studies. Only after I get a good job would getting a girlfriend come into place.

Then in 1992 we were both out of school (finished exam, not got kicked out). And as the norms of those days, school leavers must find any job to get extra income and not to be a burden to the poor parents. So off I went to get a job. One of my friends LB introduced me to work at this beautiful mansion turned restaurant called Restoren Peranakan. That's where I first met her.

My first impression of her at Restoren Peranakan is not all positive. She's so snobbish, proud, wearing around her the air of "don't talk to me unnecessarily". Yalah... she's quite famous in the village so I guess that's the way to behave. Furthermore, one must be careful of her famous father, Chai Kudung (his finger got chop off). So, don't play, play with his daughter unless you too wants to get chop off... hehehehe.

Fortunately, there was also another waitress J whom is also M's friend. Now... J was totally the opposite of M. J is such a jovial girl, and friendly too. She would smile everytime she meets you. J also loves to laugh and makes other people laugh with her. Both of them are totally opposite in character but they are friends. Now, of course I make friends with J right then on my first day of work. J talked to me and tried to help me with my new job as the bartender. As for M, nothing much that can be done except to abstain from talking to her. Being the gentleman that I am (ehemmm ehemm), I tried a few times to make conversation with M. Its not so much that I like her or anything, just that I think its good to be able to communicate with fellow workers. But as expected all my efforts failed. M didn't even want to talk to this humble poor boy.

Newey, this goes on for about a week. I became close friends with J and life as a bartender is fun and challenging.

Now I don't even remember how things between M and I changed. All I know was that after about a week, I received a letter from M, delivered by J, on the day M's off day. And my my... to my surprise, it's a letter of love, M expressing her feelings towards me. I got a shock. What... this girl, who don't even want to talk to me, whom I hardly had any conversations with, who having around her the aura of...well, you know knowlah what I want to say... this girl gave me this kind of letter. She gotta be kidding. (I don't think I still got that letter but it would be nice to read it again now).

That is the turning point of the relationship. From then on she talked to me and we made a few conversations at first. And around this time my friend LB tried to woo M, even invited M out for a date. He was like the "playboy" of the village, always going out with girls. Later I found out that M don't really like to be with LB.

Newey, from that time on, we became friends, then close friends, then boy/girlfriend, then separated, then found other friends, then got separated with our other friends, then got back again, then got engaged, then we got married, then we got children.

Newey, since then my love for her grows little by little and it is still growing. To my dear Michelle, I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH....920212.

Signed with love.

David Bong

No comments: