Tuesday, February 06, 2007

APTBF Tchoukball Tournament 2007

Reached Singapore on Friday nite. Stayed at Lion City Hotel, Paya Lebar. Had to share with 4 other boys, Yohannes, Benjamin, Shawn Gill and Chi Wei (cili padi). Tried to sleep but can't. Only managed to get about 2 hours of sleep.

Newey, on Saturday we went to Toa Payoh Sports Hall for the tournament. There are only 3 countries participating in the tournament, Singapore, Taiwan and Malaysia. Well, as expected, we lost all of our games. And as expected, Taiwan sends the world's best teams (men, boys and girls teams) and they played superbly. Learned a few strategies, tactics and skills from watching them play. I didn't play much, more of a substitute.

Against Singapore teams, the Malaysian teams have more chances of winning. If the Malaysian team are more prepared and well co-ordinated then most probably we can win. But more important of all is that the team/group tried their best and enjoyed themselves.

Well, am praying that Justin will continue to take up this game and bring it to a new level in Malaysia. I've fulfilled my promise to him that I'll support him if he takes up the game. That's why I joined the team to Singapore. Now, my responsibility is done as I know Bethel Church will support him. Over to you Bethel. Time to find other new games and channel it to those interested.

Oh ya.... all the players and non-players received a medal for participating in the tournament. Hoorah.... I got a medal. Eek Err San.... Err (Err)... Oohh (Oohh) - the battle cry of the Taiwanese boys team.

No comments: