Monday, August 06, 2007

Rambling thoughts --- holidays

It has been quite awhile since I wrote about my thoughts or updates about myself. And since I am in no mood of playing Mosiang at this time, I think I will just write something here.

God is calling. Yes, I can feel His voice calling me. It has been slightly over a year since I resigned from the church and embarked on the world of computers and business. Yet, I know that my life is to serve God. If you ask me where, when, what, who and how, I would not be able to give you much answer. All I know is that I cannot run away from Him. Yes, you read it correctly…. “run away”.

You see, like many of us out there, we are actually running away from God’s calling in our lives. Instead of going the direction planned by God, we are moving towards our own direction. Well, that is good and not so bad a decision but it is definitely not the best decision for our lives.

Ok, back to my life. I’ve been away from serving God in the church and busy with the business and the children. In a way it has been like a holiday for me. But unfortunately again, like many of us out there, going for a holiday does not mean we go for a rest. Most of the time, our holidays are very tiring, busy going here and there, doing this and that, making sure we cover everything within a short period of time. At the end of the holiday, we came back tired. Yes, we have done and seen lots of things & places but it is very tiring. That is how it has been for my “holiday” from serving in the church. Busy doing other things and quite tiring also.

As much as I still want to be on “holiday” I know I have to come back home sooner or later. God is calling me to “come back home”. No, not die and go to him, but going back to the house of God. One indication of this is that the pastor is calling me to be involved in the leadership role. Sigh….the Lord knows my feeling. Not at all excited but my spirit man knows it would be much better than following the carnal desires of my heart. And it will take some time for me to adjust back to weather and atmosphere at home. Hopefully the jet lag would not be too bad and too long to disappear.

p/s Lord, can I extend my holidays some more?

2 comments:

bokjae said...

hello bro, thanks for your honest sharing. don't mean to be a smart alec that knows all, just a small point but its an important point. Serve Him is a calling no doubt, but serving Him and serving a church are totally different thing. Pray that you get clarity on this. God Bless!

DavidBong said...

Thanks bro bokjae.

yes, I'm clear on that point. More often than not, serving God starts with serving the body of Christ (i.e. the church). I'm sure there are other areas that we can serve God outside of the body of Christ. And in all things that we do, we must do it unto the Lord.

thx again for the reminder/clarification