Friday, February 22, 2008

Now it is my turn

We spent quite a big some repairing my wife's car. We had to change the water tank and unfortunately the mechanic use a good brand water tank for our old junk. Common sense dictate that it is not necessary to use expensive branded water tank for an old junk. Anyway, since it had already been fixed, we had no choice but to accept it.

Today, I sent my car for repair. The front brake got jammed and because of that the car cannot move fast. It also has the burning smell. I was contemplating on whether to send it to the Tyre shop that fix the brake pad or just to the nearby mechanic. Thank God for leading me to send the car to the nearby mechanic. He serviced the brake pump instead of recommending to change it. Earlier, the Tyre shop did not do a good job when servicing the brake pump resulting in the brake jammed. After servicing the brake pump and changing the absorber (another problem with the car), the total amount is not as much as I expected although it is still a big hole in my pocket.

I am seriously thinking of getting a second hand car. There are some used cars from Used Cars Austin, Texas that interests me, if only I stay in Texas. Anyway, I am praying that the present car would not give frequent problems or I will definitely get a used car soon.

No comments: