Saturday, January 06, 2007

DARE ME & YOU WILL LOSE ONE US DOLLAR!

Received an email from MMUCF President asking me to write something about the mission trips. That reminded me of my trip to Cambodia and how I earn 1 US dollar.

Sim: Pastor, you eat lah one of those fish. (Pointing to tiny fishes caught by the lady at the river)
Me: What do I get in return?
Sim: I give you RM1.
Me: RM1 only kah. Don’t want lah.
Sim: Pastor, I dare you. I give you RM2.
Me: Don’t want lah.
Sim: Aiya… pastor don’t dare lah.
Me: If you give me one US dollar, I’ll eat it.
Sim: Sure hah… really hah… OK… One US Dollar… eat the fish alive.
Me: OK, show me the money!
(hehehe... if I can eat a stone in Sarawak for nothing, what is there in eating a fish for 1US dollar.)
Sim took out one US dollar.
After taking one of the tiny fishes (yes, with the permission of the lady), rub off the scales and then slowly put it in my mouth. Then chew… something like sushi lah… just that it is alive.
Eewww … eeww… the girls all eewwed.

Hehehe… for one US dollar I ate that tiny fish. Kesian betul. But that tiny fish is worth RM3.60 … wow.. so expensive. Hmmm… should have asked for 2 US dollar in the first place. Thanks Sim for your generosity.

No comments: