Sunday, January 21, 2007

In search of vanity...

don't know why the title comes to my mind. Actually I don't know what to blog but since I'm free and not many customers now (the clock onthe computer is showing 11.27pm) I think I'll just sit in front of this computer and let my fingers pressed whatever they want to press... yeah, of course its the mind that directs them.

Oh, okay... my mind is thinking about "promises". Its about saying that you'll come to do something but in the end you didn't come. I really don't like (equivalent to "hate") people who make promises and yet didn't fulfill it. Why am I saying this?... oh ya... its about one guy who promised that he'll come to collect all the cardboxes that are at the back of my shop. He told me he'll come at 5pm today but he didn't show up. Waited for him but nothing. Because of his promise to come today, I didn't go back home and my wife had to look after the 3 children all by herself. I felt stupid waiting for him... doing nothing if you know what I mean (of course got do something lah... like looking after the shop with my staff).

So, in the end, instead of just carting all the boxes to sell, I ended up arranging the boxes, unfolding and packing the small boxes nicely fitted into one big box. Now the place looks clean and tidy and there's so much space that I think I don't want to sell the packed boxes. Can just put all of them in one corner... need only a small space for that.

Also, I'm reminded of one Sales & Marketing officer from one of the hotels that I called earlier for quotation. She promised to hand deliver the quotation to me.... like a week ago.... and until now still no quotation given. Not even a call to me... hmmm maybe she is on holiday again for the second time within two weeks.

And the worst offenders of all ... *drums roll* is the computer shop owner who's sweet mouth everything, making promises to do this and that but most of the time, nothing done. Irritating, irritating, irritating. If cannot, say cannot lah. Don't sweet talk and make stupid promises, wasting other people's time and upsetting people's plan.

OK... so why's the title! Maybe I'm being reminded that most of the things that we do are vanity. It is not important at all. Well... that would be in the next or whenever post lah.

now... I need to click on the *PUBLISH* button.

No comments: