Monday, March 05, 2007

The policemen came again..

Today at about 4pm another 2 policeman came to the shop. They were riding motorbikes. I was on duty today as Bibi is on leave. At that time I was sort of trying to repair the photostat machine. One policeman named Azzul came and asked to see my company registration and the operating licence. So I pass it to him and straight away went back to my repair work. After he wrote whatever he wants to write on a piece of blank paper, he passed back my company registration and licence. I hung them back and went back to my repair work. Already felt irritated of their presence in my shop so I just ignore (malas mo layan)them. They then just walked around "inspecting" my customers and the PCs. Then they came to me and asked for name card. Gave them my Usana name card(courtesy of Mr Raymond Tan). Then they left.

I think these policemen also are "beggars" for bribe. Its just that somehow with God's protection upon me today, they dare not asked from me. If they are doing their normal check, surely they would have the courtesy to inform me. This one takde, just come in and ask for licence... as though I'll feel afraid immediately and straight away want to offer bribe to them.

Then asked for name card, I also don't know for what. Why would they want my contact? If I've done something wrong, just come to the shop lah. But no... must ask for name cards. Maybe in 2 or 3 weeks time, all the policemen in Balai Polis Batu Berendam would already have my Usana name card. Praying that they'll order Usana products from me (sarcasm implied here). Or better still, they will send their children, wife, father and mother here to use the internet (sarcasm also implied here).

Now, my respect for the Police Force is slowly dwindling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really too bad.. that you are being harassed so often. Good thing.. we donch have anything like that here in Canada. Unfortunately, that does not mean..that the ppl are good here. We've met with numerous.. bad customers.. and of course.. tons of bad elves. So it is a no win situation. Just gotta take everything in strike.. and stay positive at all times.
Good luck..!

IMMomsDaughter said...

I never had any good opinion of policemen anyway so this comes as no surprise. Instead of helping, they themselves are the criminals.