Saturday, March 17, 2007

Unless the Lord...

Today, my Bible reading is from Psalm 120-130. These are shorter psalms so I read 10 psalms instead of only 5. Psalm 127 strikes me the most.

Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.

Many times I was tempted to think that all my achievements are because of my own skills and abilities. Whenever there are successes in studies, work, projects, games or even personal goals, the tendency is to feel proud and say "I did it; I did this; I'm the one; Wow! I am good..." But God has always reminded me that it is not me, but it is He.

Though we wished that all our successes are because of our OWN talents and skills, they are actually God's. He graciously allows us to have those successes. He graciously grant us wisdom and talents and knowledge that enables us to be "successful". We need to always remind ourselves of this so that we will be humble. No matter how successful we may be, one day we still have to meet God our Maker. Then we have to account for every thoughts, actions, and words that we uttered. Then, all our successes are useless unless God is pleased with us. And how can God our Maker be pleased with us if we did not give God the due acknowledgment of all our successes in life.

Lord,

Unless the Lord grant me good health, my healthy living will be in vain.
Unless the Lord grant me strong body, all my exercises and supplements will be in vain.
Unless the Lord bless my business, all my efforts will be in vain.

What is it in your life that "Unless the Lord .... it will be in vain"?

No comments: