Monday, March 19, 2007

Service Centres without services.

Malaysia is a nice and beautiful country. The people are friendly. This is the place to be for holidays or even to stay. The food are something worth hunting for.

However, some of the services offered by the Government or even the local agencies are something that can be improved on. These are two incidences that I went through recently.

KWSP/EPF.
I registered my business with the EPF because I want to pay EPF for myself and my staff. I was told that I must pay the necessary amount to EPF within 5 days from the date of registration. Didn't pay immediately because didn't bring the money. A few days later, I went to send my mother to my brother's place who is in a different district. There I was informed that there is a EPF Service Centre. I went there gladly to pay the money.

After I've taken the calling number, one of the personnel asked me about what I want to do. I told him that I want to pay my EPF contribution. Surprise... surprise...To my surprise he told me that they don't accept payment for contribution. Hah!... a EPF service centre but does not accept payment for EPF contribution. I was then asked to pay through their agents i.e. through the banks. what lah!

Majlis Bandaraya Melaka Bersejarah(Melaka District Council)
This happened within the same week as above. As dutiful member of the community, I want to pay the house assessment to MBMB. The main office is at Ayer Keroh. There is one MBMB service centre at Melaka Baru, which is definitely nearer for me. So I went there and again surprise... surprise... to my surprise there was a sign outside the premises saying that the service centre does not accept payment for house assessment.
*Scratch my head* Why waste money setting up a service centre which does not provide the basic services for the public.

No comments: