Friday, June 08, 2007

Spyware hazards

Being in the computer or internet business is not problem free. One of the most irritating problems that internet cafe faces is the invasion of viruses, malware, spyware and hackers. These problems are not one off cases but continuous and at the worst dangerous and costly. Dangerous because your privacy is not at stake. Data miners will dig out the information stored in your computer and use it at their own whims and fancy. Costly because if it crashes your computer, you have to reformat or even buy a new hard disk. That is why internet security programs are a must for any computers connected online.

I remember two of my computers were attacked by spywares. Not only did it slows down my computer, it also prevents my customers/users from logging to the internet. Imagine how frustrated my customers was and the bad impression they have about my internet cafe. Definitely not a good impression for my business. Had to "clean up" my computers using many programs and took me almost half a day just to do that. Wasting my time and income.


And if you think that you already have one antivirus program in your computer and that is enough, it is better that you think again. Anti-virus program is specifically to catch only viruses, worms, trojans but not spywares. Because of this, you need to have anti-spyware programs installed in your computer. Well, there are many anti-spyware programs out there. Some are good and reliable programs while most are more of a hoax program. If you are looking for one, check out Spy Sweeper. It is recommended by a few notable players in the internet world like PC World, PC Magazine, SmartComputing and Download.com. As such it has been tested and proven by these players and is more reliable than others. If you act now, you can get it as a discounted price. Wonder whether they have a much more discounted price for an internet cafe.

No comments: