Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Study, study, study.

Unlike my wife who loves to reminiscence about her varsity days, I am the opposite who have nothing much to say about my varsity days. No... not that I don't have any beautiful and wonderful memories of my varsity days, but those are bygone days and let bygone be bygone.

It is also partly because of the course that I took during my varsity days. Because of that course, studying is more of a drag, memorizing and remembering the facts and cases only. Not much of personal application to what is being studied. So in that sense, my varsity days are more of reading, memorizing and exams, which is why I don't really enjoy remembering. Of course, the good memories would be about the extra-activities done there. The fellowship with other students are wonderful memories to remember about.

I think it would be better if there are older students who will take the initiative to be a mentor or even a coach to new students. These older students who know what it feels like as a freshie with all its pressures and uncertainties would be of great encouragement and support to the new students. Of course another alternative for me would be online education. It will definitely take a lot of discipline to do online education but then with proper coaching and guide, it can be done.

“This blog post was based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com.”

No comments: