Monday, September 10, 2007

Discipline in online game

Wow... what are you talking about? you might ask me.

Well, in Mosiang online game, there are many guilds. What is a guild? In layman terms, it is a group. The person who create the guild will be the guildmaster. He can elect his Vice-guildmaster and invite other players to join his guild. There are different level of guild.

Well, I am a guildmaster. And in my guild there are only 14 players. Some are good players but some are a bit rowdy players. Their characters are different. Well, today I had to discipline one of them. When they join the guild, I told them that they are not to kill other players (open red and kill). I had to set this regulations as they bear the guild's name and logo wherever they go. And if they misbehave, the guild will be remembered and any confrontation will be directed to me.

Today, one of my guild member killed another player. The other player disturb his spot in the map and my guild member open red and kill this other player. I knew about it because they are chatting in the guild chat (where every guild member can read). I went to the map they are in and saw my guild members (three of them ... real friends). One of them is still in the open red status. To their surprise I hit him and killed him. Of course he was very angry and immediately he left the guild. His friend also left the guild. One more member might or might not leave the guild at this moment.

I really do not like to enforce discipline especially to adults. I kept on thinking about my action just now. Well, I am not sure how the other guild members would react to this incident. I guess if they do not like it they could simply leave the guild. Leadership is tough especially when you have to be tough with your followers.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

why do u have to kill him? can you just talk to him first? is this how you discipline ur guild member? by killing them?

DavidBong said...

well, two options available for them, either to leave the guild or pay for opening red. The best option would be to let them know how it is like to be killed by others (just like what they have done to others).

He killed the other player more so for the fun of it and his actions will give a bad name to the guild. Other guild members have been killed by another guild because of what these 3 guys had done.