Saturday, December 08, 2007

Be prepared

Now that my mother is back at home, she will be free to do what she is used to do. That means going outside and be at her garden. It is nice to see her being able to be herself, doing what she wants to do. Now she is already 70+ years old and I am not sure how long her health will be with her. She has already shown signs of aging.

I am glad that the maid is here. At least the maid will be there to accompany my mother from day to day. I am sure at this age she would need someone to be there near her where she can talk and have conversations with. If the maid is not here, most probably she would have to go to the nursing home. It is very difficult to take care of an aging person if you are tight up with work. At least if she is at any of the nursing homes, she would have someone to look after her all the time. She might even get to know others of her age. There is a wealth of information that I found in bettercaring.com about old people and how to care for them. Check out the health matters in the website and learn more about health for old people.

I do hope that when mother's health is not so good, I would be ready to face it.

No comments: