Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Spending for CNY

There are times when I wonder why would people spend so much wanting to celebrate Chinese New Year. I have seen how people spent thousands of ringgit just to prepare for the celebration. They will spend on the food, the cookies and the drinks. And the main bulk of the spending would go to buying new clothes. Of course another main bulk would go to the angpows. When I was still a child, I only received 10 cents angpow but some rich families kids would receive RM200 angpow. Haizzz...my total angpow also cannot reach that amount.

I wonder why people are willing to spend so much on the celebration. Yes, it is only once a year but do we have to waste? If I were to spend so much on the celebration, I would have to apply for Low Rate Credit Card already. It is better than the existing normal credit card as it gives lower rate. Of course that does not mean that you can or should spend more. Be thrifty but do enjoy the celebration too.

No comments: