Saturday, July 28, 2007

Cheers to the bartenders.

When I was still young, I was amazed at the people who work in a bar. Amazed of the way they serve their customers in a well-mannered and polite way. Amazed of the way they prepare the drinks requested by the customers. Amazed at the knowledge they have in order to prepare special drinks. Well, that is what I saw in the movies, and I still do feel amazed at them now especially those working in a big bar that serves a long list of drinks. It is not easy to remember the various combinations of so many Mixed Drinks.

Then after my secondary school, I worked as a bartender. Just a small bar for me to prepare drinks for the customers but it was fun working there. I got the chance to explore and learn new Mixed Drink Recipes. I would not say that I am good at it but I did my best. There are times when the customers would be in a jovial and happy mood after having their first drink. Then they would challenge one another for a Drinking Games. It is fun to see them enjoying themselves but once they drink a little too much, then I had to be watchful that they would not get out of control. To all the bartenders out there, “Cheers!”.

No comments: