Thursday, July 26, 2007

Daddy wants a hug

OK... here's a tip for the young and new fathers out there. Well... I know you did not ask for it but I just want to share lah my experience. I did it and am blessed by it so why not share so that you fathers would experience the blessings too.

A few months ago I started to ask my two daughters to give me a hug when I want to go to work at night. Yes, at first I do have to take the initiative and effort to go to them and hug them. I would do this almost everyday. It only takes about less than two minutes to go and hug each one of my two daughters. A hug and a kiss and a "Daddy loves you" to each one of them, Annabelle and Clarissa.
After a while, this has become a daily routine for me and the two girls. The best thing that happens now is that I don't have to take the initiative anymore. My two girls would be wanting to give me a hug and a kiss whenever I told them that I am going to work. Wah... so nice to be loved by them.

Now, Barnabas who is only a year old and who has been watching and observing his two sisters, would also hurry to me and wanting a hug from me..... or I think it is he who wants to hug me.
Wah... so nice lah to get this kind of affection from your children. So do try this out and I pray that you will experience the affection from your children too.

Oh ya, I do kiss my wife also and at times hug her when I go to work.

No comments: