Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sydney Opera House

The Sydney Opera House is located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Recently it has been appointed as one of UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the most famous performing arts venues in the world. If you are an avid fan of ballet, theater or musical productions, then your experience would not be complete if you have not been to Sydney Opera House.

A friend of mine who studied in Australia and now currently works as a lawyer there loves to go to the Opera House. She is a musician too and very often she would sent emails about various musical concerts and promotions. She would write about her experiences and how wonderful it is to be in the concert hall listening to the beautiful music. Wah.... I really envy her.

There is one time where she emailed me and informed me about one musical concert. She even encouraged me to register and go all the way to Australia for that concert. I was thinking about the accomodation in Sydney if I were to go there. Upon doing a search online, I found that there are cheap hotels in Sydney that I can stay should I go for the concert. Besides the Sydney Opera House, I would love to visit the Darling Harbour where Sydney Aquarium is located. My three children would sure love that place. However, the busyness of my work does not permit me to go over.

Another place that I would go when I am in Australia is Melbourne. I want to visit my sister who is staying there. Of course, a visit to Australia would not be complete without going to visit the kangaroos. Wah... there are so many places to visit in Australia. Maybe I will plan for three visits to cover most of the places in Australia.

No comments: