Friday, October 19, 2007

Strum that guitar

After the birth of my first daughter Annabelle, I bought a guitar hoping that I will be able to catch up on my guitar skill. Yes, I did use it for awhile, mostly playing worship songs to my daughter. I have yet to tell her that the guitar is bought using the money given to her as a gift. Maybe when she knows the truth, she will just take the guitar as her own. Praying that she will pick up some musical talents.

If your children wants to play electric guitar, you can buy it from Shopping.com. They have various brands of good Electric Guitars for you to choose from. If you are not sure which one to choose, here is a pointer for you.

The guitar you should pick partly depends on what style of music you wish to play and what kind of sound you want to create. If you are still unsure what this sentence means, read on.

An acoustic electric guitar is essentially an acoustic guitar with an electric pickup mounted on it. Its tone is usually mellower than that of other electric guitars. Look at acoustic electric guitars if you want to play jazz. Try out a Fender Stratocaster or a Gibson Les Paul if you want to play rock or blues.

Oh ya, please try out several types and models to determine what tone you prefer before you make the final decision.

No comments: